Sr. Animator - Toys For Bob
13 days ago
Job Title:Sr. Animator - Toys For Bob
Toys for Bob is a band of inventors, makers, and magicians who have been developing whimsical AAA console games for more than 30 years. We play in a former military hangar that’s been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge.
Best known for inventing the “Toys-to-Life” genre with Skylanders®, we are a team of out-of-the-box thinkers who are driven to create memorable new experiences that inspire joy through levity and play. If you love games, are great at what you do and don’t take yourself too seriously, we’d love for you to be part of the family!
Toys for Bob is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.toysforbob.com, on Facebook, and @ToysForBob on Twitter
Toys For Bob is looking for a talented Animator. In this role you will create high polish gameplay animations for a stylized first-person shooter. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of animation principles and body mechanics and will be comfortable working within the game engine to implement their work.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work with Lead, Animators, and Designers to identify and execute the animation needs of the game.
- Plan, animate, implement, and support complex animations
- Create highly polished keyframe animation across various characters, rigs, and body styles.
- Collaborate effectively with other studios and efficiently address feedback across multiple assets at a time.
- Work with in-house tools to implement animation assets and dynamics.
- 3+ years of animation experience in the industry
- Broad knowledge of game animation spans across all parts of the development
- Experience with stylized keyframe animation and an understanding of cartoon animation
- Ability to take direction
- Self-motivation, curiosity, and an interest in expanding your skills
- Excellent communication skills, time management, and work discipline
- Experience with Maya
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience animating enemies with smoothly transitioning animations across locomotion, attack, and victim states
- Experience animating stylized or cartoon characters, exaggerating timing and pose for appeal
- Experience animating non-humanoid characters
- AAA Game Engine experience
- A passion for games and videogame production
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.