This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist
Montreal QC ca
7 months ago
Ubisoft is currently seeking a full-time Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist for its Accounts Payable department. We are looking for a highly-motivated and responsible individual with strong accounting and communication skills. Our ideal candidate has the ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines and perform at high levels in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment. He/She has to be detail oriented, organized, and comfortable with excel.
The position is based in Montreal, Canada and will report directly to the Manager of Accounts Payable located in San Francisco, California, U.S.
What you'll do
- Review and process complex vendor invoices with accuracy. Ensuring proper coding, documentation, approval and PO compliance. Monitor due dates to ensure timely payment.
- Ensure all routine vendor payments have been either paid or accrued for each month end. Ensure proper allocations of expenses across departments, products and projects.
- Resolve any invoice processing exceptions by working with appropriate internal contacts. (i.e. invoices not approved)
- Process, monitor and reconcile inter-company transactions and balances
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies related to vendor inquiries and payments. Reconcile vendor statements. Identify, research and resolve vendor account discrepancies
- Ensure timely payments to vendors by meeting quality and timeliness standards. Verify all payments are appropriately processed as planned
- Collaborate with purchasing team to improve the vendor onboarding process; including review, validation, approval and updating of Vendor terms-related details. Work closely with procurement/purchasing to ensure smooth process flow for purchase order related items
- Resolve purchase order, contract, invoice and payment discrepancies through proactive communication with Procurement, end-users and the vendor
- Provide support for quarterly reviews and year-end financial audits by pulling requested file samples and documentation and participating in walkthroughs of AP processes
- Directly support month-end close including tracking of vendor bills for completeness and review of general ledger for proper coding. Record journal entries, re-classes of expenses and accruals as needed
- Work closely with GL Accounting, Finance and internal stakeholders to ensure proper coding of expenses and resolution of any coding issues that arise
- Maintain files and documentation accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices. Assist in the documentation of internal AP Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), review annually with peers and edit for accuracy
- Participate in AP projects as required
What you bring
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or related areas.
- Over 8 years' experience in Accounts Payable, including full cycle AP experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to deal with outside vendors, employees and various levels of management in a professional and effective manner. High level of customer service required
- Must be thorough, detail-oriented, able to perform accurate data entry, work well under pressure with minimal supervision and meet strict deadlines. Ability to analyze accounts payable issues, recognize inconsistencies and recommend resolutions. Includes ability to independently resolve routine issues.
- Experience with ERP system, PeopleSoft system preferred
- Advanced knowledge in Excel a must
- French and English Bilingualism
What to send our way
- Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, and skills
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubi Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
More than anything, at Ubi Montreal, you will regularly ship a variety of big, quality titles – Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch_Dogs, For Honor and… well we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet… – and work with some of the most talented people in the industry.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.