Accounting Manager (Hybrid)
20 days ago
Salary Range: $120,000 - $140,000, pay may vary based on location.
Position Title: Accounting Manager
Employee Type: Full Time, Regular
Location: San Diego, CA - Hybrid Work Structure
ABOUT OUR STUDIO
Our headquarters is where the gaming culture and Southern California lifestyle meet, creating a vibrant work environment that epitomizes our belief that every day should be well played. Daybreak San Diego is the home of Darkpaw Games, creators of the legendary EverQuest and EverQuest II games. This is also the home of Rogue Planet Games, developer of the award-winning MMOFPS PlanetSide 2.
The perks of working at Daybreak San Diego extend well beyond the beautiful weather in this prime location. Access to the local gym, as well as on-site fitness classes, game nights, and a strong appreciation for the local craft brew scene (we even turned one of our original game servers into an on-site kegerator) are just some of the ways that make working at Daybreak (San Diego) exciting! Working here is about being part of a community.
Find out more about our studio at www.daybreakgames.com.
- Responsible for the completion of the monthly close activities, including to ensure all close activities are completed in accordance with the close calendar.
- Review journal entries and account reconciliations in accordance with the Company’s policies, procedures, and controls.
- Oversee and provide leadership to the accounting team responsible for the general accounting for the Company, including, but not limited to, cash, intercompany, fixed assets, intangible assets, accrued liabilities, VAT and sales tax, forecasting, lease accounting and revenue recognition.
- Management of monthly financial statement consolidation process including the consolidation process, elimination and consolidated adjusting entries and review/analysis of the intercompany activity. Preparation of the GAAP financials on a monthly basis.
- Provide leadership to team members to accomplish group and organization goals effectively and efficiently. Organize workflow and structure; provide coaching, work guidance and timely performance feedback.
- Make recommendations and assist in accounting policy and procedure design and implementation in compliance with GAAP.
- Coordinate and complete annual audits.
- Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns.
- Managing accounting related projects including, but not limited to, accounting processes and financial system implementation.
- Coordinates and oversees the activities relative to internal controls documentation and testing and segregation of duties.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and CPA preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant experience and public accounting experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and lead a remote team to foster a collaborative environment
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience preferred.
- Advanced MS Excel and strong understanding of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail and the proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Dependable, organized, motivated and trustworthy
We invite you to get in the game with us and help us make exciting experiences!
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Daybreak Game Company LLC is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for blockbuster hits and franchises such as DC Universe™ Online, PlanetSide®, EverQuest®, and Dungeons and Dragons Online®, Daybreak creates, develops, and provides compelling online entertainment for millions of gamers worldwide. We are the game publisher for Darkpaw Studios, Rogue Planet Gaming Studio, Dimensional Ink Games, and Standing Stone Games. To top it off, we are making games in three of the coolest cities in the United States: San Diego, Austin, and Boston. We make games that bring people together and build lasting communities and are totally devoted to delivering the ultimate gaming experience! Find out more about our company at www.daybreakgames.com.
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
Daybreak Game Company will never ask applicants for social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or through online messaging apps (WhatsApp, Hangouts). We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Daybreak Game Company’s People & Culture team at email@example.com if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
**Daybreak Game Company, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Diversity in the workplace.**
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.