This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Accounting Analyst
15 days ago
Job Title:Sr. Accounting Analyst
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Sr. Accounting Analyst will assist in performing month-end general ledger close activities. These activities include preparation of journal entries and monthly reconciliations as well as other ad hoc analyses and audit requests.
The position requires working closely with Corporate Accounting, Business Units, and other financial teams in order to meet reporting deadlines. This person will be challenged to apply critical thinking and analytical skills along with disciplined project management experience to meet tight demands and evolving business needs.
- Prepare journal entries with supporting backup, ensuring that correct account codes are used, and transactions are accurately explained and supported
- Ensure that assigned general ledger accounts are properly reconciled, reconciling items are cleared timely and any issues are communicated / handled appropriately to avoid misstatements of financial information
- Develop a level of "expertise" in business operations to understand their impact on accounting transactions
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting for assigned areas, allowing managers to make informed business decisions
- Suggest process improvements to enhance utilization of Oracle or other automation to ensure efficiencies improve
- Work with other department personnel - Operations, Supply Chain, AP, Purchasing, Business Unit Finance, etc - to ensure a high level of accuracy of information, while ensuring efficiencies are improved in processing time
- Ensure that the financial results of Activision Blizzard are accurately reported from an external reporting perspective, in accordance with GAAP, and in compliance with all SEC and Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Support the external audit team to ensure all information is provided in a timely and accurate manner during quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Assist in growth of Accounting Group through self-development and collaboration, including the ability to cross train in other areas
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of professional accounting
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel is required
- Experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite, OBIEE Answers and/or Hyperion Essbase is a plus
- Possess strong analytical skills with ability to problem solve
- Be highly organized and able to deal with high amount of data
- Ability to work proactively and independently as well as with a team in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Possess strong work ethic and be willing to work extra hours and weekends during quarter-end and year-end closes to meet targets
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.