Sr. Accountant, Private Division & Corporate
1 month ago
Who We Are:
T2 is an innovative, creative growth oriented video game company that is looking for a candidate to join our Consolidations team. We are looking for a bright, articulate, savvy, results oriented accountant who can become a business partner to our Label Finance teams and other departments, while being provided the opportunity to learn the business from the ground up.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager responsible for Private Division and Corporate Overhead, you will be asked to provide accounting support and analysis in a fast growing business environment with multiple releases a year. Each release will have its own unique accounting transactions and allow for collaboration with various departments in the PD label. You will assist our Label Accounting teams with performing complex general accounting functions including the creation and review of monthly journal entries, as well as balance sheet account reconciliations and analyzing balance sheet and P&L accounts. You will also be given the opportunity to make an impact on the Finance/Accounting Operations by assisting with process improvements and automation projects.
What You'll Take On:
- Perform complex general accounting functions including the preparation and review of monthly journal entries, analyses and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Review and enhance accounting processes and general ledger reporting capabilities including documenting and maintaining accounting procedures
- Participate in the consolidation process of financial statements
- Ensure all accounting documentation is in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Communicate and collaborate with business operational teams and various groups both within Finance and outside of Finance as appropriate to address day-to-day issues, resolve complex, non-routine, and/or sensitive accounting problems, and propose and negotiate solutions to accounting problems
- Execute special projects as directed
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 3+ years of professional accounting experience working in high volume, fast paced environments
- CPA and/or combination of public and private accounting experience preferred.
- Experience working in Entertainment/Media, Software Technology, or other related fields a plus
- Solid foundation of accounting principles
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with business managers and to develop working relationships with management and staff in all departments
- Proactive and able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment utilizing organizational and team-oriented interpersonal skills to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and handle multiple changing priorities
- Detail-oriented self-starter able to work under minimal supervision and drive tasks or responsibilities to completion, while meeting deadlines
- Experience with using accounting software and resolving system workflow issues a plus
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of JD Edwards ERP and/or Hyperion Financial Management/Hyperion Planning systems a plus
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture . Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth : As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, to be inquisitive and collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits . Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks . Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.