Manager - Platform Accounting
4 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Our broadcasters are the backbone to the Twitch community. Your role will be to grow our payouts for our broadcasters and eSports programs. Twitch is scaling its operations and your contributions will make a crucial impact to our success. We are looking for someone with both a vision and desire for operational excellence, standardizing processes and implementing best practices. You will report to the Senior Platform Accounting Manager - Content Accounting.
- Support month-end close related to Platform Accounting payment accounts. This includes preparing journal entries, reconciliations and flux analysis related to content costs.
- Perform the daily activities of the payments team and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the broadcaster payments, including upload bills to the accounting system, coordinate with 3rd party payment processors, ensure available funding, and communicate activity to management for approval.
- Process payments with withholding taxes, as applicable.
- Perform operating procedures, internal controls and workflows to increase the efficiency of our content payout process following SOX controls.
- Work with Tax, Partnerships, Legal and the Finance Business Integration team in providing user requirements, use cases for operational excellence projects affecting content payments.
- Take on ad-hoc requests and own projects in addition to your daily responsibilities
- 4+ years of accounting experience at a quickly evolving company, or public accounting firm
- Experience working with and communicating to all levels of the organization, strong Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets and perform complex functions)
- Can identify and focus work on high risk areas, resolve issues, meet deadlines, and seek feedback from manager when conflicts arise
- Comfortable overseeing reporting accuracy and auditing own work, while making reporting improvements to grow and improve accuracy.
- Can determine pressing action items, resolve issues, meet deadlines, and seek feedback from manager when conflicts arise
- Bachelor's degree with a major or emphasis in Accounting or related field from an accredited college or university.
- A CPA license required .
- Big Four public accounting firm ( a plus )
- Experience in system implementation and integrations ( a plus )
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. ),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.