This job might no longer be available.
Sr. Account Manager
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Account Manager, F2P (Global Third Party Relations)
San Mateo, CA (hybrid)
You will report into the Global Account Director and work across teams to define and deliver agreed commercial and strategic objectives in the US, and globally as required. Partner happiness is key, and as a primary point of contact for Partner’s regional teams, you will champion trusted and preferred partner relationships. You are an evangelist for PlayStation, with the knowledge and ability to promote all aspects of the business and platform, discovering new opportunities and driving the business forward.
You will provide territory expertise and mentorship internally and externally, advising on topics including local legal and regulatory requirements, commercial methodology and specific territory opportunities and nuances. You will also maintain a network of key internal and external contacts across the territory to ensure activities can be carried out effectively. Working with Partner Operations you ensure a smooth process for publishing the Partners content and are the first point of contact for multiple teams internally and externally, with the ability to understand and find resolution for all issues that may impact the Partner’s business with SIE.
At PlayStation, you will be the voice for 3rd Party F2P developers and publishers within the organization. You know that Live Service business have different needs from traditional games business and will work to educate partners and internal stakeholders alike to optimize everyone’s respective business goals. You know users are the driving force behind successful Live Service and will work with our partners and internal stakeholders across the organization in order to maximize relevant KPIs to success—both at launch and against the partner’s long term support plans after launch. You respond to partner’s needs at the rapid cadence required for their always-on titles. All the while, you will assist the F2P team in GTPR to further grow our support and nuanced understanding of titles that share this business mode and /onboard new businesses as well.
- Responsible for the day to day business activity and overall health of top F2P Partners in North America, being the main contact for the Partner and SIE internal departments for business queries, and first point of partner concern for content pipeline and other operational or technical situations that have business impact.
- You'll own and practically implement agreed Joint Business Plan initiatives and Commercial Activity with Partner. Act as contact for Partner and SIE internal teams for execution of related activities.
- Ensure internal teams are aligned to deliver and support key content and initiatives.
- Identify and implement upon local activities with partner content. Align with global account team to ensure regional activations match global objectives, and there are consistent communications and service to the Partner. Where there are regional variances, ensure these are identified and understood by all partners.
- Where applicable, ensure that partnership contractual requirements are adhered to by SIE and the Partner.
- You'll lead product release and lifecycle planning with internal departments and the Partner.
- Extensive knowledge of F2P Partner’s portfolio, strategy and forecasts.
- Identify business opportunities across Partner’s portfolio and live services.
- Develop critical metrics and conduct performance analysis for key content and initiatives.
- Communicate business, platform and policy updates to Partners.
- Facilitate data analysis requests internally and externally.
- Lead business / policy / platform critical issues and waivers through operational and technical channels (Product Management Team, Finance, DevNet etc), and identify and resolve operational / process challenges that impact revenue and Partner relationship.
- Work with the Partner and internal teams to deliver physical and digital standard methodology across the whole product lifecycle.
- Identify and deliver content suitable for specific platform activity and campaigns (PS Now, PS+, PS Hits etc.).
- Identify Partner content to drive a PlayStation message and point of difference.
- Assist with the facilitation of Partner’s participation at PlayStation PR / media events.
- Assist with bundle planning, execution, and tracking.
- Bachelor degree in Business or Marketing, or commensurate relevant experience.
- 5+ years in external partner facing position (e.g. sales, account management, business partner relations) in the video games industry
- Experience working with and selling to large, complex global organizations with highly matrixed teams.
- Communication, presentation and relationship management skills at all levels.
- Negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Extensive games development and publishing experience, or comparable media / entertainment / technology industries.
- Regional market expertise with commercial competence and critical problem solver
- Data literate and globally minded
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.