Sr. AP Specialist
Palo Alto, CA
3 days ago
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
The Accounting team is seeking a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to support our growing Accounting and Finance organization in Palo Alto, CA. The opportunity is ideal for someone who is looking for a broad range of responsibilities in a dynamic fast-growing and high energy Company. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the Accounting & Finance team at Machine Zone and will support the Accounts Payable Lead in processing daily AP transactions.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for all areas related to the AP processing cycle
- Process vendor invoices, which includes invoice review, coding, obtaining appropriate approvals and attaching proper documentation
- Review AP aging report
- Review employee expense reports and receipts and ensure compliance with Company’s policy
- Ensure that sales and use tax is in compliance and accrue the respective taxes, as appropriate
- Manage check runs, ACH, wire transfer and ensure timely payment to vendors
- Maintain vendor data files, handle vendor calls, research and resolve non-routine invoices, reconcile vendor statements and research discrepancies as necessary
- Prepare AP reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of Form 1099s and maintaining records of all suppliers
- Oversee vendor maintenance, including W9 and/or W-8BEN records
- Assist with year end audit request
- Assist other miscellaneous office and accounting duties as assigned
Your background and who you are:
- Associate degree in Accounting, Finance or similar field is desirable
- Basic understanding of US GAAP accounting, including GL entries and accruals
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to handle high volume of transactions in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- 5+ years experience in Accounts Payable
- Independent contributor and a motivated team player
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Excel
- NetSuite and Concur experience is a plus
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.