This job might no longer be available.
Specialist Gameplay Animator - Contract
Warsaw Masovian Voivodeship pl
11 months ago
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for a Gameplay Animator with extensive work experience with motion capture data. A person on this position will be responsible for creating NPC gameplay animation assets based on motion capture data of various body types and styles. Gameplay animators in our company work closely with gameplay designers and programmers, so technical and implementation knowledge is crucial.
- Creating high-quality third-person animation assets using motion capture data, according to gameplay limitations and engine technical requirements.
- Creative use of keyframe technics and the data from different motion capture sources and actors to achieve consistent animation style.
- Export and implementation of the assets, with their regular check in the game context.
- Reporting the work progress to the Animation Lead.
- Understanding of animation pipeline and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation.
- Realistic work estimates and effective time management
- At least 3 years' experience in the animation field.
- Very good knowledge of Motion Builder and Maya.
- Solid knowledge of animation principles and eye for dynamic poses.
- Understanding gameplay animation specifics.
- Experience working with motion capture technology.
- The ability to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers.
- Outstanding creativity and a strong commitment to the project.
- Passion for games and in general for animation.
- Experience with game engines and animation graphs.
- Basic Mel or Python scripting skill.
You’re probably wondering what’s it like to be an animator at CD PROJEKT RED. Well, it’s refreshingly different! We’re giving animators a lot of freedom in terms of creativity – we have our own motion capture studio and animate everything in-house. You’ll have a shot not only at animating humanoids and animals, but also machines and creatures that are a real challenge to bring to life. At RED, every animator is responsible for a piece of the project, so you feel you’re a a part of things. If you’ve been looking for change, you just found it!
- In-house contract for definite time.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines and various foodtrucks.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and 7 types of milk
- Free library with wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties.
Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen.