The Gearbox Entertainment Company is an award-winning creator and distributor of entertainment for people around the world. Gearbox Entertainment develops and publishes products through its subsidiaries, Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing. Gearbox Entertainment has become widely known for successful game franchises including Brothers in Arms and Borderlands, as well as acquired properties Duke Nukem and Homeworld. Gearbox’s ambition is to entertain the world and its key driving objectives include the pursuit of happiness for our talent, partners and customers, the prioritization of entertainment and creativity and a measured respect for profitability. For more information, visit www.Gearbox.com.
Spark is the Gearbox Software team behind SHiFT, our online services platform that serves millions of users every month across multiple gaming franchises. SHiFT is our one-stop-shop gaming services platform responsible for dozens of features gamers around the world depend on every day, from cross-play to friend presence, citizen science, dedicated server hosting, matchmaking, and much more. Spark is passionate about delivering features for our gaming partners that are relevant, dependable, and secure. We take pride in the stability of our platform and are always looking for ways to take that stability to new levels. Our team is agile with a commitment to seeing features go from desktop to production in minutes, not days.
To further drive our vision of premier stability and rapid feature delivery, we are looking for a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer (CE) to join our team. A successful candidate for this position should be comfortable proposing scalable security hygiene processes, specifically for AWS ecosystems. As a Senior CE, you will champion designs and lead the implementation of security best practices throughout our cloud. Candidates should have extensive hands-on experience engineering cloud and microservice security solutions at scale.
This position will require you to carry a company-paid mobile device and participate in 24/7 on-call rotations alongside your engineering colleagues. Don't worry though, our on-call experience doesn't suck.
- Design, implement, document, and maintain complex cloud security infrastructure across dozens of accounts
- Perform risk assessment of proposed and existing system architecture for compliance with security best practices
- Recommend technical, administrative, and physical controls to mitigate identified risks
- Create and promote a detailed security architectural roadmap
- Use security expertise to influence approaches to solving strategic business needs
- Understand security trends and promote the direction infrastructure teams should take to align with them
- Effectively communicate security needs and business requirements to department leadership and stakeholders
- 5 or more years of relevant cybersecurity engineering experience, in both design and implementation of AWS security tooling
- Expert level knowledge with AWS cloud security technologies, such as IAM, KMS, Security Hub, AWS Firewall Manager, Guard Duty, WAFv2, and SCPs.
- Expert level knowledge with security focused topics such as MFA, SSO, TLS, DDoS, and SIEM
- Hands-on experience with IaC at scale, preferably in Terraform
- Experience with IT Security Frameworks such as NIST, ISO27001, etc.
- Any verifiable cloud-focused security certification: AWS Certified Security Specialty, CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, etc.
Gearbox Entertainment believes that all team members should be able to enjoy a work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment. We are committed to reflecting the diversity of the world we strive to entertain. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we provide fair and equal treatment to all team members and applicants. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law.