This job might no longer be available.
Sound Designer (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf NRW de
8 days ago
Sound Designer (f/m/d) will create all of the audio content of one or more given games under the supervision of the Audio Director and/or Audio Designer.
- Creation of sound design with all available processes and tools (field recording, Foley, synthesis, library-work…)
- Implementation of the created audio content (sound design, voiceover, music…) into the audio engine
1) Sound Design; Music & Voice Design
- Has advanced knowledge of sound design such as field recording, Foley, synthesis, library-work, etc.
- Conducts research within audio databases for the whole production process
- Has basic knowledge of music theory and concepts (rhythm, harmony, etc.)
- Has basic knowledge of voice design such as Voice Recording and Batch processing. Knowledge and experience with localization tools is a plus
2) Studio recording
- Has an advanced knowledge of studio recording equipment
- Proficient in handling hardware effects and plugins
- Able to provide studio maintenance
- Is comfortable with participating in recording sessions, giving input and feedback
- Respects audio standard protocols
3) Mixing / Mastering
- Has advanced knowledge of mixing and mastering of linear media
- Has basic knowledge of mixing and mastering of interactive media (e.g. loudness, headroom and balance to the game soundscape in interactive mixing sessions)
4) Game Audio Production Tools
- Has advanced knowledge of several professional DAWs and wave editors
- Understands the basic concepts of an audio engine
- Uses his knowledge to bring new audio ideas and techniques to the projects
- Works with audio software developers to bring needed functionality into the studio
5) Production Pipelines and Technology
- Understands the functionalities of a game engine
- Understands the processes and typical game production life cycles
- Respects budget and performance constraints when carrying out assignments
- Defines scopes and tasks for his projects
- Knows the importance of documentation and planning for game productions
- Has good knowledge of standard software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Confluence/Wiki
- Has a basic understanding of all the aspects of the game (game design, animation, environment, 3D objects, level design, AI, script, etc.) to understand the sound design needs of the project
- Write the artistic section of the audio design document to determine the style of the soundscape
- Ensure that the mixing meets internal and third-party standards
- Actively participate in the development period providing several iterations and ensuring the quality of the final product
- Participate in the creation of the game at the creative level (with the lead designer, creative director, artistic director, etc.) to enhance the player’s immersion and experience
- Take part in the assessment of the sound content that is not included in the game (e.g. trailer, teaser, marketing…) or develop this content in-house.
- College diploma in Audio, Sound Design, Music or other relevant training
- Excellent skills in various DAWs (Nuendo (is preferred), Cubase, Pro Tools, Logic…) and Audio Editing Tools (e.g. Wavelab)
- Good skills in Audio Engine Editors (Wwise (is preferred), FMOD...)
- Basic skills in Game Engine Editors (Unity, Unreal...)
- Experience in Perforce is a plus
- Experience in scripting/coding (C++, C#, Java,…) is a plus
- Experience in 3D Software (Maya, 3DS Max) is a plus
- Being able to closely adapt the audio vision
- Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results in time
- Very good communication and team skills
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
If you are passionate about games and would like to work in the games industry, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectation.
For further information please check www.ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "James Cameron's Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", "Far Cry", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.