16 days ago
For his production studio Ubisoft Annecy is looking for a Sound Designer (F/M/NB) to join the Riders Republic team, his next big success on the AAA scene.
Under the responsibility of the Audio Director you will participate in the creation and integration of the sound elements in the game. You will also be in charge of :
- Designing systems and integration of sounds and optimization (CPU)
- Initiation and implementation of the Sound pipeline
- Sound effects & Ambiences: sound creation and reuse of existing sound banks for the creation of new sound assets
- Voices : monitoring the production of voices, recordings in collaboration with the Director of Actors
- Coordination between the different production trades (Designers, Artists, Narration…) for audio needs.
- Music monitoring and composers supervision / license track management
- Debug and optimization of audio systems
Specialized in sound training (school or university), you have at least a first significant experience as a Sound Designer on an AAA or AA video game production.
- A mastery of WWise is essential
- You have already produced a game and have good engine knowledge (ideally AAA)
- Comfortable with sound banks but also with sound creation
- Autonomous and rigorous, you are able to move forward on your missions and get the right information from other teams.
- You have good communication, are proactive and have the ability to work in a team
- You are passionate about Video Games
- You have a strong playful and musical video culture
- Experience in voice recording would be a plus
- Fluency in English is imperative
- Mastery of different DAWs (protools, reaper, etc ...)
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP: Steep, and his spiritual successor Riders Republic!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and teamwork. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.