28 days ago
Sago Mini is an award-winning publisher of preschooler apps and toys worldwide. Supported by a team of artists, designers, developers, product managers, thinkers, and doers who are devoted to play. With over 60 million downloads, three subscription services, 35+ apps, and a line of physical toys, Sago Mini brings thoughtful design to life for kids and parents worldwide.
You are a creative at heart with a passion for sound design. You are a great communicator, an organized individual, and a team player who thrives off collaboration. You are open to feedback and use it as an opportunity to improve your skills. You have no problem diving into the weeds and getting your hands dirty. You excel at balancing multiple priorities, shifting gears, and wearing many hats. Your colleagues appreciate your ability to keep on top of your work and stay ahead of the game.
About the Role
Sago Mini is seeking a sound designer to join our team! You will have the opportunity to wear many hats, work with different teams, and manage multiple priorities as it relates to sound at Sago Mini. Using your skills and experience, you will have the opportunity to work closely with developers and technical artists to bring the joy of sound to content and experiences created for kids.
This is a one-year contract role.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working on the coordination of sound files; adding and organizing of the audio library
- Communicating requests to the sound engineer, voice over team, and external studios
- Mastering audio files to provide consistency and balance between sound effects and music
- Editing and mastering voice over content
- Assisting in creating sound effects consistent with the Sago Mini brand
- Managing sound requirements from developers and technical artists
- Reviewing sound implementations and helping to adjust in Unity
Qualifications and Skills
- 1-3 years of experience in sound design or a related field
- Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) experience
- Experience in mixing and mastering
- Proficiency in asset management software
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to Haves
- Interest or experience in the children’s space
- Music composition abilities
- An interest or background in character voiceover work
- Familiarity with Unity
About the Process
- You'll get an email response confirming we've received your application and portfolio, and we'll let you know within a few days if we'd like to schedule a follow-up .
- If you're moving ahead, we'll book a call to learn more about your experience in a first round interview.
- If the fit is there and your skills and competencies align with the role, you will complete a short sound design exercise for submission.
- If the exercise is successful, you will meet with the hiring manager and team prior to a decision being made.
Based in Toronto, Sago Mini is a subsidiary of Toca Boca, the No. 1 mobile-first kids brand in the App Store. Both companies are part of Spin Master Corp., a global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work. Sago Mini is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.