6 days ago
We are Fatshark
We are a critically acclaimed Swedish game development studio with about 150 experienced and skilled employees out of Stockholm. We are most well-known for developing the Warhammer: Vermintide franchise, but have also helped develop a number of AAA titles and will soon be launching the highly anticipated game Warhammer 40,000: Darktide.
We have grown quite a bit over the last few years but we still embrace the same values that we started with and still think of ourselves like one big family with fun at the center. We are known for our crazy internally designed socks, hackweeks, use Friday afternoons for studio-wide “social play” time and our CEO is not beneath fixing the coffee machine himself. It all adds up to an approachable, fun, passion-driven yet communal environment for us to work in.
Fatshark is looking for a passionate and creative sound designer to join our team for a 1 year full time temporary employment. You will work on the Vermintide franchise and new upcoming projects. As a sound designer you’ll be a part of many aspects of the game development process including core game play, animations, level design, music, voice over and narrative related audio. Great collaboration skills are therefore crucial.
What we offer
Here at Fatshark, we do what we love most: design high-profile games for PCs and consoles. We offer you:
- A playful, friendly and inclusive work place
- Hands-on production environment with an emphasis on cooperative/multiplayer games
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects, experienced co-workers and recurring hack weeks
- Developing games with our own engine - Stingray
- Regulated flex time and paid overtime
- Yearly health benefits (for gym membership & more)
- Health checkups once every 2nd year
- Office located in central Stockholm
- Designing and implementing sounds for Vermintide 2
- Creating systems that work together to communicate to the players what is happening in game using sound
- Communicating and planning features with the feature team
- Minimum of 2 year working experience as sound designer in the game industry
- Great understanding of sound implementation and design, and the stages involved in taking your design all the way into the game
- Ability to take direction for sound design
- Fluent in common audio tools and software (Reaper, Cubase, ProTools, Soundforge, etc)
- Experience working with a sound engine for games (Wwise, FMod or similar)
- Strong organizational skills
- Highly motivated and good at communicating and working with cross-discipline teams
- Have working experience on a co-op or multiplayer game
- Field recording experience
- Understanding of new loudness standards
- Solid grasp of microphone basics
Most of us are currently working temporarily from home, but our office is not completely closed and parts of the onboarding can be done there. This position will eventually require you to work from our office.
We look forward to reviewing applications and will be interviewing candidates continuously throughout the application period!
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Form of Employment: 12 month Temporary Employment, Fulltime.