Cary, NC United States of America
20 days ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Audio at Epic
What we do
We raise the quality level of audio in all Epic game titles and technologies as well as engage with a world-class team to create amazing gaming experiences.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
As a member of the Epic Audio Team focusing on Special Projects, you will use your technical and creative skills to their fullest, helping define the future of interactive audio technology.
In this role, you will
- Help raise the quality level of audio in all Epic game titles and technologies.
- Push the development of audio features and integration for future Unreal audio engine development.
- Evangelize Unreal Engine as a leader in the interactive audio space by developing and sharing cutting edge creative and technical audio techniques with the broader game development community.
What we’re looking for
- A junior game audio sound designer with an understanding of game audio experiences with good knowledge and understanding of the video game development process.
- A foundation Sound Design skills that show promise in the areas of field/studio recording, sound editing, and sound designing.
- Previous experience in a game engine and familiarity with game development concepts.
- Passionate about game audio; should be able to talk about and deconstruct other current games’ audio quality and implementation.
- Excitement about learning and building game audio skills.
- Music skills are good to have, as we have opportunities to create music for emotes and ingame events.
Nice to have skills
- Knowledge about implementing audio in game audio middleware or native systems.
- Experience with scripting languages and methods.
Remaining knowledge, skills, and abilities needed
- Strong self-management, organizational and problem solving skills, ability to work independently while having a great team player attitude.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 1,800+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.