7 days ago
Founded by Bad Robot (Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars, Star Trek), we at Bad Robot Games are on a mission to continually reinvent how stories are played.
We are a remote-first games company represented by a diverse team, which empowers us to make the kinds of games in which all players can see themselves. Working closely with our colleagues at Bad Robot Productions, our projects unite our extensive network of games, TV, and film industry talent to create original IPs, expansive worlds and tell new stories across all media platforms which are as fun to watch as they are to play.
Bad Robot Games seeks an exceptional Sound Designer to help us deliver compelling experiences. Leverage your unique strengths to elevate the soundscape of our current and future projects in the tradition of audio excellence that’s been a Bad Robot hallmark.
- Create a variety of audio assets for games and other forms of interactive entertainment, including Foley, backgrounds, vehicles, creatures, weapons, spells, props, and user interface.
- Contribute to multiple contexts of audio work as needed, such as dialog, trailers, presentations, field recordings, internal sound library, tools, features, systems, pipeline, technology, and aesthetics.
- Embrace established audio direction and quality benchmarks.
- Accurately scope and timely deliver work with best audio professional practices.
- Collectively learn and grow with constructive feedback given and taken.
- At least three years of relevant audio experience (e.g. games, film/TV, or related).
- Strong sound design skills, including recording, editing, processing, mixing, and mastering.
- A keen sense for aural aesthetics and effective sound design for a variety of media, genres, and platforms, such as PC, consoles, mobile, and streaming.
- Comfortable and effective remotely collaborating with teams and colleagues.
- Detailed and organized, with a disciplined work ethic.
- Experience with commercial (Unreal, Unity) and/or proprietary game engines and/or audio middleware (ADX, Miles, FMOD, Wwise, Scream, etc.).
- Fluency in game audio integration and technical sound design.
- Experience working in different genres, e.g. fantasy, horror, and sci-fi.
Hourly Rate Range: $33.65 - $50.48
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our ranges are based on California market rate regardless of work location in the US.
Find out more about our benefits and team on our careers page!
Bad Robot Games recruiters will never ask you for money or to provide financial information during our recruiting process. Scammers often request money transfers for Visa processing fees or travel expenses, as well as personal information including passport info, social security numbers, credit card or bank account information.Bad Robot Games recruiters will never use personal email (including @gmail) accounts when contacting candidates. We also do NOT interview or screen candidates over messenger or text-based chat. All communication will be tied to badrobotgames.com
Bad Robot Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.