Sound Designer, Unannounced Project
26 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Sound Designer, Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a full-time sound designer to bolster our ranks. We are looking for a champion of audio with a strong creative vision and an internal desire to wield a mighty sonic arsenal in their pursuit of audio perfection. Come join our audio guild and help us define the future sound of an unannounced project for mobile.
The ideal candidate needs to have extensive experience with sound design and environmental audio for mobile. As a member of the team, you will work directly with both the creative lead and game producer to align creative vision and goals. You must be comfortable operating in a professional manner while constantly interfacing with the various artists, designers, and engineers in bringing their characters, creatures, and environments to life. The sound designer engages with music compatriots to explore aesthetic opportunities and resolve any possible sonic conflicts. The sound designer also contributes to a game's user interface to present players with audio feedback as they interact with the interface. The ideal candidate is also able to collaborate with game designers in crafting an audio experience that complements and melds seamlessly with the gameplay. This person should also have an outstanding ability to not only create excellent, original content, but to successfully integrate it into the final product—working with other designers, actors, artists, producers, and programmers to make sure that great concepts make the transition from the microphone to the game.
If you’re ready to tackle the challenge of helping realize a new epic Blizzard experience, we want to hear from you!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Shipped multiple titles in the role of sound designer
- Experience specifically in creating outstanding soundscapes and sound assets for mobile games
- A proven legacy of utilizing one’s artistic "voice" in furthering a storyline via the medium of sound
- Experience utilizing sound effect recording sessions to gather resources for audio production
- Experience creatively producing sound effects, backgrounds, and Foley for games
- Experience working with commercial and/or proprietary audio implementation tools
- Experience working in DAW workstations, such as Nuendo, Pro Tools, REAPER, etc.
- Able to work with equal effectiveness in both team and solo creative environments
- Experience editing and conforming sound-to-picture
- Experience mixing in stereo and surround-sound formats
- Experience using and troubleshooting Windows and Macintosh operating systems
- Demo reel or audio portfolio including representative examples of sound design experience
- A passion for exploring new ideas in mobile gaming
- "Building block DSP" such as Kyma, Max / MSP, or Reaktor expertise
- Computer-readable or level-design-style scripting or light programming knowledge
- Shipped titles on Audiokinetic’s Wwise audio platform
- Demonstrable technical skills working with Wwise pipelines
- Experience with the Unity game engine
- Familiarity with Blizzard's games as well as Blizzard’s values
Required Application Material
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing a true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.