This job might no longer be available.
Sound Designer II - Legends of Runeterra
1 month ago
As a Sound Designer, your technical and creative audio skills will combine to bring life to the broad range of characters and experiences in our games. Joining efforts with a versatile team, you'll help improve projects from their launch. Using your passion, and creativity you will help guide team decisions and provide thoughtful feedback to your peers. As a member of the audio discipline, you'll aim to find ways to teach and level up those around you while continuing to challenge yourself.
As a Sound Designer reporting to our Audio Director within our Legends of Runeterra team, you'll tap into your creativity to design sound across thematic. You'll work with designers, artists, and engineers, breathing life into our game with your understanding of audio.
Please note, you will not be involved in the creation or production of music.
- Establish and communicate content audio goals, including how they align with product goals, to direct reports, product leadership and other Rioters.
- Develop constructive working relationships with others to achieve team goals.
- Work with other disciplines to establish appropriate process and pipeline for audio content delivery and with music, video and other central teams to ensure thematic consistency across in-game and out of game features
- Record, edit, and design sound effects for game characters, skin lines and other recurring features using industry standard methods and tools
- Record sound effects both in studio and in the field using industry standard microphone techniques and hardware
- Navigate partner, senior leadership, discipline and team feedback
- Ensure quality of asset output by playtesting and gathering daily feedback on your content from your team and discipline
- 2 years' experience designing sound experiences for games
- Expertise in the holistic game audio process (i.e. - Sound Design, Voice Over, Music Implementation, Technology, Player Experience)
- Knowledge of sound design creation tools (i.e. - ProTools, Nuendo, Reaper, Izotope, Waves, Native Instruments) and sound design, voice over and music implementation methods
- Knowledge of audio middleware (i.e. - Wwise, Fmod, Miles) and overall game engine technology (i.e. - Unreal, Unity, Lumberyard)
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with voice over processing tools and techniques
- Experience leading mid-scope discipline and product team efforts
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).