Sound Designer (Contractor) - Legends of Runeterra
Los Angeles, California, United States
15 days ago
Legends of Runeterra (LoR) is our new collectible card game (CCG) featuring beloved Champions from the League of Legends universe. On our team, we’re looking for Game Designers at multiple levels to design experiences! The Audio Team at Riot strives to deliver lasting sonic experiences for players. We help breathe life into our games, cinematics, esports, albums, and more through the use of sound. We also are always working to level up our team & techniques by experimenting and playing the games we love.
As an Associate Sound Designer, your technical and creative audio skills will combine to bring life to the broad range of characters and experiences in our games. Joining efforts with a multidisciplinary team, you’ll help guide projects from their creation. Using your passion and creativity you will help guide team decisions and provide thoughtful feedback to your peers.
As an Associate Sound Designer within our Legends of Runeterra team reporting to the Audio Director, you’ll tap into your creativity to design sound across a wide variety of thematics. You’ll work with designers, artists, and engineers, breathing life into our game with your deep understanding of audio.
Please note, this position does not involve the creation or production of music.
- Craft sound and audio content for a product team working on an unannounced title. Creative audio direction is inspired by this role, with an emphasis put on transparency, solicitation of feedback and agreement from product team and discipline members
- Develop the audio vision for the game and game features
- Determine and communicate content audio goals, including how they align with product goals to teammates, product leadership and others
- Work with other disciplines to determine appropriate process and pipeline for effective audio content delivery
- Record, edit, and design sound effects and VO for game characters and other recurring features using industry standard methods and tools
- Record sound effects both in studio and in the field using industry standard microphone techniques and hardware
- Use Unity and Wwise to implement assets directly into the game.
- Ensure quality of asset output by playtesting and gathering daily feedback on your content from your team and discipline
- 1+ Year of experience in the holistic game audio process (Sound Design, Voice Over, Music Implementation, Technology, Player Experience , etc. )
- Knowledge of sound design creation tools (Pro Tools, Nuendo, Reaper, Izotope, Waves, Native Instruments , etc ) & techniques
- Knowledge of voice over processing tools & techniques
- Knowledge of sound design, voice over & music implementation methods
- Knowledge of audio middleware (Wwise, Fmod, Miles , etc. )
- Knowledge of programming or scripting languages (Lua, Python , etc. ) is a bonus
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.