27 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American R ed Cros s , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work , Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
Skillz is an exciting new way for developers of all shapes and sizes to bring engaging competitive gameplay to their users. Solutions Engineering at Skillz is designed to make this happen as seamlessly and efficiently as possible.
As a Solutions Engineer, you will interface with game studios to better understand their games and design and implement an effective way for them to utilize the Skillz platform. Solutions Engineers are not only critical partners to the game developers, but also internally - acting as a bridge between Customer Success, Product, Engineering and Sales.
You are able to work with a wide variety of concepts and languages in the mobile and web development realms, all while helping build the future of eSports. Time will be spent creating new ways for games to interact with Skillz, researching how best to support new technologies and game development frameworks, and developing new features or tools - striving to improve the way we work internally and the ways developers work within our system.
Solutions Engineering is about working closely with our partners to build high-quality integrations with the Skillz platform, helping troubleshoot their problems, and ensuring their games launch and update smoothly. It is about having the opportunity to influence product roadmaps based on real feedback supported by your deep technical knowledge of the product, identifying and solving complex problems in various environments and in the end it is about finding solutions.
What You Will Do:
- Technical implementation of the Skillz platform: scoping, planning and execution culminating in a game launch
- Work with game development studios both big and small, to help them build world-class experiences.
- You'll work with our SDK engineering teams in iOS, Unity and Android development, and take ownership of our developer-facing Mobile SDK features.
- You'll create open-source example projects, video tutorials and articles for our Developer Console and Knowledge Base, helping foster a healthy developer community.
- Execute on R&D projects to push forward the Integrations and SDK capabilities of the Skillz platform.
- You will implement your own suggestions to make a positive impact on the Skillz ecosystem.
- You will work with our publisher relations and engineering teams to drive and improve our developer support process.
- As we roll out new technology, you'll be integral in educating developers in how to work best with Skillz.
- 2+ years of experience in a professional engineering role.
- Professional experience with iOS or Android, or a strong desire to learn them both.
- Computer Science Degree or similar degree and equivalent work experience.
- The communication skills and desire to work with, and help guide, engineering efforts of partner companies.
- A strong foundation in an object-oriented language, experience in multiple languages, platforms and technologies is a large plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal communication.
- Creative self-starter who can take responsibility for making things happen, and enjoys working on very productive, fast-paced teams.
- Passionate about your work, driven to succeed and improve the technologies and processes around you.
- Experience with game engines like Unity, Corona, and UDK is a huge plus.
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status .
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.