East Side Games
Vancouver BC Canada
5 days ago
WHAT IMPACT CAN A SOLUTIONS ENGINEER HAVE AT ESG?
At East Side Games, we all band together to deliver a world-class gameplay experience for our players around the globe. Whether that’s working with Ricky and the Gang on Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money , or any of our other current or upcoming titles, you’re committed to making memorable player experiences. Everyone has an impact here. As a Solutions Engineer, you'll work directly with internal partners and external customers, where you will take existing frameworks and adapt them to the technology of each client's individual needs . We’re a remote-first studio and encourage all applications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Present our framework to our partners and customers, while assisting and adapting the technology to their particular needs.
- Remove technical objections and concerns while effectively dealing with the client’s specific requirements.
- Be solution-oriented: use your customer-first mindset to support our framework both on-site and off-site for our customers.
- Leverage your technical skills to discover business requirements and demonstrate solutions that add business value.
- Collaborate with other Solutions Engineers to continually develop and improve our framework.
- Communicate delays or timeline changes to the team and customers to embody our commitment to releasing products the right way the first time.
*** Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all-inclusive.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TEAM:
- 3+ years of experience in game programming, simulation programming, or games middleware. Intermediate- or Senior-level engineering experience is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience and knowledge of game development and platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Solid understanding of Unity-based C# game development.
- Ability to travel (one day… someday)
- Experience working as a developer support engineer in a related field.
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional team.
- Full-stack engineering experience
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games - a pillar in beautiful Vancouver’s gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined the narrative idle gaming space with huge IPs that reach the lives of millions globally... And we’re just getting started!
Culture rules here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust, and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits! We’re also a remote-first studio and encourage all applications!
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio's growth.
If this sounds like everything you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together!
We can’t wait to hear from you!