This job might no longer be available.
18 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We have an exciting opportunity to join Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation. We seek a solutions architect within the Partners Platform, that supports the web applications and tools used throughout the PlayStation game production lifecycle.
This position will be responsible for helping us balance the challenges of modernising mature, fully-featured applications and building brand new systems. All the while making our industry-leading products even better. You will have previously designed and supported large, distributed web projects and been part of developing software architecture best practices with engineering teams. If this is you, please apply!
At PlayStation you will have a key role in architecting core partner facing applications, working with many teams in the UK, United States and Japan.
- Analysis, research and design of cloud-based service architectures, for brand new and existing systems, in close collaboration with other architects, engineering teams and product management
- Building PoCs to demonstrate & validate architectural designs
- Integrating legacy systems with new services and SAAS products
- Working closely with security teams to incorporate security into solution designs
- Technical requirements gathering and specification writing
- Designing system migration plans and incremental service releases
- Documentation - for the purpose of explaining architectural designs, options & decisions to technical and non-technical audiences
- Presenting solution designs on video calls and in person - to all audiences
- Agile architecture - no big up-front designs,with the ability to pivot and deliver incrementally
- Working with multiple different engineering teams, varied skill sets and cultures in different geographical locations
- Working with engineering leadership, security, product management, UX, legal, business operators and support teams.
- Cloud service architecture design, we currently use AWS
- Building effective PoCs to demonstrate architectural designs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Diagramming skills to clearly visualise architectural designs and principles
- Data analysis and modelling skills
Attainment / certification
- Cloud solutions architect certification
- Serverless & containerised solution design
- Microservices Architecture Design
- Database selection - ability to select the right database (RDBMs vs document vs graph etc)
- Event Driven Architecture design
- Authentication and authorisation models
- Data security models and best practices
- REST API design
- Common architecture patterns, eg. CQRS, pub-sub
- Use for standard data formats eg. ISO standards
- Micro frontend Architecture
- Working with large, mission-critical systems
- Architecting Solutions using AWS cloud services
- Designing event driven, distributed architectures that are fault tolerant, resilient and reliable
- Hands on experience of using SQL and no-SQL databases
- Working with remote teams in different timezones
- Graph and document databases
- Has an outgoing, collaborative and positive working attitude
- Able to lead and learn from technical debates
- Collaborates on decision making
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.