This job might no longer be available.
Solutions Architect PHP
Montreal QC ca
8 days ago
Ubisoft is seeking a Solutions Architect to join our IT Department. As part of our team, you will define and deliver solid and thoughtful architecture of custom services for Ubisoft’s e-Commerce platform.
The role, you will play a key role in ensuring that the new functionalities implemented meet the best practices in the industry and will support the business growth and objectives.
You will actively interact and support the communication related to architecture, develop best practices and operations with the business community and technical teams.
The main responsibilities of the IT Solutions Architect are to:
- Gather client requirements, assisting internal customers to express their needs and requirements in situations where the client already has a solution in mind;
- Design performant, highly-scalable and reliable solutions based on the stakeholders’ requirements and industry best practices;
- Recommend to establish or modify current policies and standards where applicable;
- Resolve architectural and design problems consistent with organizational directives and address other concerns as necessary;
- Be an active contributor of technical best practices, code and development standards and ensure adherence to them;
- Keep up-to-date with latest technical trends, propose and conduct R&D projects that would add benefits to the team, act as a technical evangelist to spread the knowledge and gain adoption of new tools/practices within the development teams located in Bucharest and Montreal;
- Keep on top of current and emerging technologies;
- Lead test or pilot processes for new services or technologies.
- Work on key systems like payment gateway, fraud & tax services, subscription services, in-game store and integration with business critical systems like CRM, Order Management System and other;
- Organize and facilitate application technical test plans and technical test cases (including performance tests, load tests, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in building web applications and services
- Experience with PHP;
- Design experience with RESTful APIs ;
- Cloud platform knowledge (AWS) ;
- Familiarity with Docker and container orchestration platforms;
- Expertise with scalable systems and understanding of messaging (pub/sub, queues), caching, authentication;
- Expertise with writing efficient MySQL queries and the ability to find and fix slow queries;
- Disciplined approach to design and coding adhering to SOLID OOP principles and Test-Driven Development;
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure deployments in enterprise-wide environments .
- Autonomous and collaborative within a team ;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Organizational skills.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
- Please note that the offices are located at 405 Ogilvy Street (across from the PARC metro station).
Ubisoft Montreal, an industry leading developer of video games, located in Montreal, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises.