This job might no longer be available.
Solutions Architect, Game Integrations
3 months ago
Team Name:Battle.net & Online Products
Job Title:Solutions Architect, Game Integrations
Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a skilled and motivated Solutions Architect who possesses a rare balance of technical depth and excellent interpersonal skills to join our Battle.net eCommerce group!
You will work with a small and extremely talented Battle.net team known as Game Integrations, charged with developing SDKs, and that works daily with many Activision-Blizzard game studios and teams to incorporate our eCommerce platform and SDK into their games. Game Integrations provides the services, tools, and SDKs needed for game teams to sell via Battle.net.
You’re the sort of person who wants to help the entire company make the best use of a platform, and coach them on the best ways to build these systems into their games. You’ll partner closely with other engineers and product managers on the team, and all of the games and their respective producers to ensure that scalable, flexible, resilient systems are built and successfully integrated against the eCommerce platform. It excites you to know you’ll be responsible for successfully launching and operating eCommerce in some of the largest gaming franchises in the world, such as World of Warcraft and Call of Duty, and everything in between at Activision-Blizzard.
We primarily use Java, C++, and C# to deliver a world-class eCommerce platform and SDKs for Blizzard’s game teams and other Activision studios. You will join a crucial team that’s involved in everything digital commerce-related at Blizzard and would be part of making nearly every game launch within Activision-Blizzard successful.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Onboarding new ecommerce integrations: You will be responsible for guiding teams through the process of integrating with the battle.net platform. This includes platform configuration, curating integration guides, answering questions, maintaining checklists, and more.
- Communicating with stakeholders: Maintain integration and launch checklists that track the status of the project, ensuring the team understands the platforms current offerings and identifying gaps.
- Launch Readiness: Ensure the integration has been battle tested before getting to players hands. This includes helping to form and execute functional testing, certification, and edge cases.
- Maintaining: Working with teams to maintain state of the art integrations with the latest platform offerings after a title has launched.
- A minimum of 2 years combined professional software domain experience, including delivering and integrating systems and APIs to multiple consumers. While you will not be writing code day-to-day you will be diagnosing and debugging client and server software
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a partnership mindset and empathetic approach
- Previous experience delivering and integrating systems and APIs across multiple consumers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or, equivalent experience
- Experience operating large distributed systems at high scale (hundreds of servers, global deployments, tens of thousands of concurrent users and beyond)
- Experience with various forms of API and testing approaches, including integration, regression, acceptance, certification, functional and load testing, as this role coaches games on how to do these against their integration with our eCommerce platform
- Experience using and calling HTTP/JSON APIs at high scale
- Experience with OAuth and its uses for securing APIs
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!