14 days ago
Crytek is looking for an experienced Software Trainer
needed to join the CRYENGINE
Relocation & Remote Work
Although we believe living close to our studio helps foster team spirit and stronger bonds between team members, we understand that people have different needs and expectations for their place of residence. You have a choice of three location options, allowing you to work with Crytek from anywhere you wish:
1. Come to our modern headquarters in Frankfurt and receive an attractive relocation package and have access to all of our benefits.
2. If you are already living in a European Union member state, we are able to offer you a permanent work contract and allow you to work remotely as an employee from there.
3. If you are interested in full-time remote work in any other country outside of the European Union, we can offer you a freelance contract arrangement.
- Conduct live hands-on training classes teaching CRYENGINE software features (online and in-person);
- Conduct live workshops and demos demonstrating CRYENGINE software features (online and in-person);
- Assist in creating courseware to help teach the teaching CRYENGINE software features;
- Assist technical writers to create written versions of all tutorials, supplying graphics;
- Give product demos;
- Support product at conferences through individual customer interaction at booth, product demos, workshops, and classes.
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills;
- A passion for education;
- 3+ years minimum professional experience teaching and creating effective courseware;
- Knowledge of and passion for state-of-the-art real-time game engines or at least 3D programs;
- A demonstrated ability to teach technically complex concepts in plain, clear, entertaining speech;
- Comfort in front of a live audience, both online and in-person;
- Comfortable in highly technical software development environments;
- People- and team-oriented;
- A demonstrated ability to communicate proactively and effectively with SMEs (subject matter experts) and translate their knowledge into learning materials;
- Be proactive, self-motivated and be able to work without direct supervision;
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback;
- Ability to complete all tasks in a timely manner and to a consistent high quality standard.
- Experience with CRYENGINE;
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere;
- Knowledge of video and audio compression and encoding standards and CODECs;
- Experience with visual scripting tools like Schematyc, Blueprint, etc.;
- Familiarity with Adobe Audition or a comparable audio editing application;
- A background in traditional film-making and/or visual storytelling;
- Interested in creating clear, entertaining video tutorials that teach techniques and best practices in CRYENGINE, following sound educational practices;
- Design animated titles, graphics, and transitions using Premiere and Photoshop and/or AfterEffects;
- A passion for games.
What you can expect from us
Work-life balance is not just a hollow term for us. At Crytek, we offer you the option to either work from home or in our studio.
Your professional development is important to us, so we have laid out a career plan to help you progress towards your goals and objectives.
To help you get settled, we provide you with a fully furnished company apartment during your first three months in Frankfurt.*
We offer a relocation budget and full coverage of flights to Frankfurt for you and your family.
You can expect extensive assistance with visa, work permits, and communication with authorities during the relocation process, as well as help settling into Germany (e.g. setting up appointments with banks, government agencies, schools, landlords, finding apartments etc.).*
Public Transport Pass
Discover Frankfurt by bus, tram and metro – free of charge.*
A healthy body is a healthy mind. We offer a membership at the premium gym chain Fitness First in Germany. Work out, join group fitness classes, or relax in the wellness facilities.
We truly embody diversity at Crytek. With employees from over 42 different countries, we define ourselves by our cultural diversity.
Understanding the local culture will make your stay abroad more enjoyable, and Crytek supports that by offering German language courses for you and your family.
At our Frankfurt office you can enjoy 24 days of vacation per year, and every 2 years you get 1 more (up to a maximum of 28 days). You will also have on average 10 public holidays on top of the days you take off. If you are working from another country, local standards apply.
*only applicable to employees in Frankfurt.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.