Software Tester (Contract)
Bellevue, WA United States of America
6 months ago
Epic Games is looking for a contract Software Tester. This position will be responsible for testing the Epic Games online platform and clients for the Unreal Engine Editor, Fortnite, and various other Epic products. I f you are driven, thrive in a fast-paced work environment, and understand QA methodologies, then we'd like to talk to you!
- Drafting, maintaining, and executing test cases for the Epic Games Launcher
- Identifying and reporting defects found during test
- Verifying reported defects and corresponding fixes
- Executing a variety of test techniques to ensure the highest possible quality of product before release
- Working with product owners, developers and test leads to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features
- Communicating test efforts and status on current projects
- Experience with defect tracking software (JIRA)
- Experience with network monitoring tools / Packet Sniffers (eg. Charles, Clumsy)
- Familiarity with Windows, Mac/iOS, and Android operating systems
- Understanding of the key components of good test cases and defect reports
- Understanding of the software development cycle and where testing falls within
- Experience with minor scripting or programming experience is optional, but nice-to-have
- Experience with e-commerce is also optional, but nice-to-have
If you're excited about manual testing on different devices, are interested in the multitude of backend systems that deliver our games and tools, and want to ensure the best possible experience for our users, then please submit your resume, and we'll be in touch soon!
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.