This job might no longer be available.
Software Tester (Contract)
Salt Lake City, UT United States of America
6 months ago
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
QA Discipline at Epic
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years and our constantly growing team of engineering experts are always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide. Ensuring that our products reach an outstanding level of technical quality is at the core of what we do.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a senior Game QA Tester to join our team as a contractor. You’ll love this role if you’re an innovative problem-solver who loves to ask the tough questions; you should be willing and excited to constantly push your own limits and to continue learning.
In this role, you will
- Execute test cases with attention to detail to help ensure the quality of the product.
- Thoroughly investigate and analyze issues to find root causes
- Work alongside QA Analysts and Developers to test changes in code and content
- Write clear and concise steps to reproduce in a bug report
- Communicate issues and escalate if needed by understanding the bigger picture
What we’re looking for
- 1+ year(s) of experience as a tester for games
- Experience working on a live product or shipping a AAA title
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of the software development life cycle and how testing applies
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice to have skills
- Experience identifying gaps in test coverage
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience dealing directly with artists, programmers,producers, and/or designed in an imbedded development environment
- Experience owning a feature at test level
- Experience with TestRail
- Experience writing test cases/plans
- Experience working with offsite QA or offsite teams
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!