Software Test Engineer
Bellevue, WA, United States
9 days ago
A position for a Software Test Engineer is now open for a meticulously talented developer with a passion for quality assurance. You will interface with the Unity development team as well as customers to ensure functionality, stability, and usability of Unity as a tool and runtime platform. You have probably worked on engine level tech on mobile or console platforms in the past and you know the importance of writing fast and maintainable code.
Joining Unity's Strategic Tech team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to shape one of the fastest growing segments of the market: Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. Unity is uniquely positioned to have access and knowledge of all the current and future AR/VR devices including Oculus, Vive, Daydream, and HoloLens coupled with the power to help unify this emerging technology. Our team is currently solving problems that most developers haven't even encountered yet - like how do you interact with a hologram floating in space with only simple gestures of your hands available.
- Work with customers to reproduce their bug reports in-house
- Explore the scope of customer bug reports and provide more detailed advice to developers
- Convert customer bug reports into test code that can run inside our test automation frameworks
- Work closely with developers to create test plans for new product features
- Organize and execute test plans, suites and test cases during execution periods
- Communicate with users on our community forum, providing assistance and advice
- Collaborate with other testers and developers in an agile environment
- Experience with the Unity Software
- Professional experience in software development
- Programming experience with scripting and OO languages
- Experience developing test cases and/or test plans
- Familiarity with both Mac OS X and Windows platforms is preferred, but not essential
- Experience or interest in Virtual Reality
- Driven and comfortable in representing the customer experience to stakeholders
- Passion for technology
- Critical thinker, have a keen eye for quality from an analytical perspective
- A “make it happen" approach and be able to work in a fast moving “all hands to the pump” environment
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.