Software Test Engineer, XR
Bellevue, WA, United States
14 days ago
A position for a Software Engineer in Test is now open for a meticulously talented engineer with a passion for quality assurance. You will interface with the Unity development team as well as customers and partners to ensure functionality, stability, and usability of Unity as a tool and runtime platform. You have probably worked on engine level tech on mobile or console platforms in the past and you know the importance of writing fast, maintainable, and well tested code.
Joining Unity's XR team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to shape one of the fastest growing segments of the market: Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. Unity is uniquely positioned to have access and knowledge of all the current and future XR devices including Oculus, Vive, Magic Leap, and HoloLens coupled with the power to help unify this emerging technology.
- Work closely with our developers to advise and contribute to our automated test suite
- Develop new test suites and scenes within Unity
- Convert customer bug reports into test code that can run inside our automation frameworks
- Debug crashes and other issues encountered internally and by our customers
- Help define and participate in manual and scenario testing efforts to find issues with functionality and customer experience
- Collaborate with other testers and developers in an agile environment
- Interact and communicate with external partners and be able to react to changing priorities
- Experience as a dedicated engineer and a proven record of shipping large, complex software projects and driving quality
- Experience and interest in Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality
- Experience with C# programming language
- Experience developing automated tests
- Experience working with mobile, desktop, or console platforms
- Prior experience using Unity
- Obsessed with customer experience and product quality
- Driven and comfortable in representing the customer experience to stakeholders
- Comfortable working and communicating as an embedded QA team
- Have a keen eye for quality from an analytical perspective
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.