Software TD (Mid)
27 days ago
- Work with senior and lead developers to improve and conform tools and workflows to a global roadmap and to emergent show necessities
- Produce documentation and support users in the maintenance phase, and contribute to demonstrations during exploratory phases
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the VFX pipeline, ensuring the efficient flow of assets and data.
- Collaborate with senior TDs to identify and resolve technical issues during production.
- Provide technical support to artists and troubleshoot software-related issues.
- Participate in sprint planning and independently estimate the effort required to complete the tasks assigned to you by your Lead
- Document and communicate solutions to common technical challenges.
- Effectively and autonomously breakdown assigned stories/tasks into actionable steps
- Execute on assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Good knowledge of Python or C++
- A degree in Computer Science, Technical Animation or in an Engineering field is preferred, though equivalent production experience would also be considered
- Competence with Linux and Git
- Knowledge of or experience with one or multiple VFX applications (Houdini, Maya, etc)
- Experience developing and releasing software in or for a company/organization
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of PySide, PyQt
- Confluence and/or Jira experience
- Understanding of how data flows between departments of a VFX studio
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum methodology
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of visual effects. If you are an ambitious software developer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, we look forward to your application
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects studios, creating high-end VFX for the advertising and feature film industries. We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of some of the best work in the industry.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our teams in Montreal, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.