Software Systems Engineer
8 days ago
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA SPORTS™ FC , NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC .
At the heart of EA SPORTS is the EA SPORTS™ FC franchise. EA SPORTS™ FC is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and teamwork is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
As a Systems Software Engineer, you will help push our primary systems and shared engine into the future. Our systems engineers maintain a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities to our players and workflow enhancements to our development team. We are looking for passionate engineers who enjoy prototyping and planning, collaborating with other engineers, and building systems (often applying other systems), workflows, and capabilities that allow us to work smarter and more efficiently to bring substantial improvements to our game.
- You will work with design and other engineers to provide feedback and then create clear and estimable technical designs.
- You provide tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet requirements.
- You have awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- You look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- You contribute to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to promote collaborative development efforts.
- Passion for the development craft and shows interest in systems level work.
- Understanding of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as Artists, Designers, and Producers.
- Experience with parallel programming considerations, resource management,and hardware architecture.
- Experience in engine development.
- 3 years of experience with C++.
- Understanding of x86 assembly.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
- Experience in embedded systems.
- Experience in job-based architectures.
Remote options are available for this position.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.