Software Support Engineer
15 days ago
Do you thrive in solving problems to make workflows smoother and more efficient for our teams? Then you might be part of our new Software Support Engineering team where you will be playing a central role in the development of the games and supporting the teams. You'd be part of the Hitman project as well as our brand new titles such as 007 and our unannounced project. The essence of the role is to keep the game development team as productive as possible at all times with a smile on your face.What you will do:
You will be joining a team of passionate engineers with the shared goal of ensuring that our production runs smoothly. Typical tasks include:
Who you are:
- Continuous improvement of our environments, tooling, automation and helping game developers with technical issues.
- You’ll get to work with software engineers, QA and your fellow software support engineers with the goal of running a smooth production, develop tools and scripts to automate manual processes in the production pipeline and help users troubleshoot and fix issues.
- Expect part of your work day to be actual programming.
- Improve and maintain our configuration management systems (Perforce) and work with our external partners to ensure that they can work and collaborate with us. This may include training as well as on-site help with setting up computers and infrastructure.
We hire people who are excited to work with their craft and always seek to improve. That is why we hope you are just as excited to work with complex challenges and take ownership of your tasks. We also hope you are collaborative and learn from your teammates as they will learn from you. Being ambitious yet humble is what helped our team excel so far.
Here are a few more things we need from you:
We’d love it if you had:
- You have Academy Profession (AP) degree in Computer Science, equivalent or higher (Danish: Datamatiker).
- You possess detailed knowledge of Microsoft desktop software, have experience with scripting languages like Python or PowerShell, and have programming experience in C# or C++
- Proven experience with at least some of the following: TeamCity, Azure, and Linux.
- A friendly and helpful attitude, excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills and a flair for making things work.
- You have the ability to prioritize the workload, ensure continuity of business critical environments and exhibit a good understanding of structured installations.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English.
Who we are:
- Experience from the game industry
- Experience with console game development
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio, 3dsMax and Photoshop as well as Perforce.
We are a team, above all. If you join our studio, expect to be encouraged, listened to, and have your efforts and insightful impact recognized and valued. We take pride in the friendly haven we built at IOI, and we expect you to take part in cultivating that. We are also highly international, with people from over 30 nationalities working in both our Copenhagen, Barcelona, and Malmö studios.
We also have a reputation for being a very friendly workplace with highly talented people. That is why the members we welcome in our team never fail to integrate and are supported, valued, and listened to at all steps. We dedicate ourselves to quality and have fun while doing it. We welcome you to join us and do the same.
The position is open in both our Malmö, Barcelona and Copenhagen studios, and we will take your location preference into consideration. We welcome candidates from all over the world, and we support VISA and relocation.
Please send us a motivational letter telling us why IO Interactive and you would be a perfect match. We are looking forward to hearing from you! In case of questions, drop an email to Sandra, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are interviewing continuously until the right candidate is found, so don't hesitate but apply right away.