Software Quality Engineer
Irvine California 92618 United States of America
8 days ago
Job Title:Software Quality Engineer
The infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. Are you passionate about creating cost-effective software development tools that will be used to enhance game development? Are you up for the challenge of joining a highly collaborative team while improving your professional skill set? Do you have a strong desire to work on a team and to contribute in meaningful ways with like-minded people?
We are looking for a talented engineer, who is excited to have a broad range of responsibilities on our small and agile team. If you have a real passion for testing, analyzing workflows that ensure the quality of our product, improving the way we both test and make games, and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we would love to hear from you!
- Collaborate with Blizzard teams to develop test plans, understand risk-based testing, and establish quality goals.
- Identify, design, and deliver technical solutions (frameworks, tests, API hooks, tools) increasing test effectiveness and coverage, while reducing the cost of test execution.
- Implement metrics, analyze test data, and results to identify patterns, report on risk status to development partners and influence software quality.
- Mentor other engineers and provide technical guidance to individuals and teams.
- Share insights, solutions, and best practices within the team and across Blizzard.
- 3+ years of experience as a Tester, QA Engineer, SDET, Software Engineer or similar role with a focus on quality.
- 2+ years of software engineering experience in a professional environment.
- Fluency in C#.
- Experience in the architecture and creation of automation frameworks, test harnesses, and/or QA focused tools.
- Experience interpreting large data sets and/or creating data analysis tools.
- Commitment to quality and sustainable software development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Unity.
- Experience with C++ development.
- Experience with enterprise software automation solutions.
- Experience working with multiple platforms such as Windows, Mac, Consoles, iOS and Android.
- Experience with game software testing. Passion for video games.
Team Name:Unannounced Project