Software QA Engineer
13 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The applicant will be accountable for assuring the software quality of SIE's internal and customer-facing applications using manual and scripted testing techniques. Duties include solving problems and resolving test code, test environment issues, as well as working with test management, bug tracking, source control, database, requirements management, and other tools.
In the course of performing this function, the individual relies on his or her extensive background in software development, QA activities, system integration, manual testing, script automation, frameworks, and associated organizational processes.
The Software QA Engineer is a member of the Systems Integration End to End testing team, works with the Manager of Quality Assurance.
- Perform both “black box” and “white box” testing by analyzing applications and requirements and crafting and executing test cases.
- Integrate, support, use and maintain bug tracking systems such as JIRA. Source control tools such as GitHub. Test case management applications such as qTest
- Work with QA team members, software developers and system and database administrators to trouble-shoot test failures in the various test environments. This may include trouble-shooting database issues using SQL queries, reviewing web server and application server logs, etc
- Minimum of 5 years experience performing manual and automated software testing.
- Minimum of 1 year experience automating in a Java, Selenium framework
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in applications and multi-system Integration end-to-end testing
- Extensive experience and knowledge of Relational Databases
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SAFe, Scrum
- Ability to work constructively with developers, QA, IT, and Project managers towards a common goal
- A great teammate who does not need extensive supervision!
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working with large-scale project repository of test cases and defects
- Experience with programming and scripting languages such as: Selenium, JAVA
- Experience in composing and running SQL queries
- Experience with JIRA for Agile practices
- Experience with Splunk, JSON, XML
- Experience testing APIs, web services
- Experience testing on PS4, PS5, or other game, console-based client devices
- Experience with CMS systems is a plus
- Experience with web application servers such as Tomcat, and Web servers like Apache
- Experience using JIRA for bug tracking, resolving issues
- Experience using QA Symphony's qTest for detailing and running test cases
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.