Software QA Engineer (Contract)
San Francisco, CA, United States
3 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software QA Engineer, Contract
San Francisco, CA
Do you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help build? At PlayStation, we are looking for Software QA Engineers to join our Client QA team, and will be responsible for testing of new and existing features on multiple platforms and devices in a software development environment.
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both collaboration and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with teams on four continents.
We are located in San Francisco's dynamic SOMA district, within walking distance to excellent restaurants, museums and nightlife.
- Plan and execute QA related activities
- Develop, maintain, execute manual test cases
- Build test plan/test cases and ensuring proper coverage is provided
- Report, track and verify defects
- Minimum 5 years of significant work experience
- BS in CS or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Extensive background in QA methodologies and experience developing and executing comprehensive test suites for system software.
- Have deep understanding of System Integration Testing
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience with test case management systems & JIRA database systems
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in UI automation for web or mobile applications
- Experience developing or writing test code for a game console or set-top box
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.