Software QA Engineer, Cloud Application Services
15 days ago
As a Software QA Engineer, you will be part of the effort to test and deploy our Cloud Application Services to support Magic Leap devices and web-based applications. Our test engineers are responsible for validating their components(s) end to end. They work closely with development and product teams to make sure features are delivered as described. The Software QA Engineer will take software requirements from the development team, create test cases and test scripts, certify them with the developers, and run the verification once the requirement is integrated.
- As a Software QA Engineer you will work with the development and QA teams to define, develop, and execute client/server application testing:
- Device Side application verification
- Web based component interactions
- Client/server interoperability
- Device connectivity
- Testing applications with Spatial Co-presence technologies enabled
- Analyze various components of the Magic Leap systems, collaborate with various development teams, and use your technical expertise to investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues
- This includes being able to analyze logs to help root cause the issue or determine the component(s) causing it
- Review integrated code changes to isolate which one might be causing a failure within a release
- Work with team members in an agile environment.
- Participate in sprint planning and prioritization.
- Participate in development team scrum meetings.
- Review functional requirements to create clean and well-documented test cases.
- Able to extrapolate test cases from gray areas with in the requirements
- 2+ years of experience in the test development and execution of embedded products or mobile applications.
- Excellent understanding of all test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools is a must
- Solid experience in defect management (creating, follow-up and validation of defect reports) and in test management tools like JIRA.
- Process-oriented with high attention to detail and good follow-through.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Good troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues.
- Experience with debugging android applications and web based services.
Culture Based Qualifications:
- Have a team first mentality
- Work well with others: giving feedback and taking feedback in a constructive manner
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Most of all, be able to: “ Have fun and work hard ”
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.