Software Platform Architect
4 days ago
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing.
Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
You will be responsible for platform architecture and technical leadership for multiple layers of Magic Leap's Lumin OS stack. You will work with external partners and teams within Magic Leap to ensure a world-class mixed reality platform, applications and experiences. Additional responsibilities include managing vendor/partner relationships, evaluating technology opportunities, and participating in the overall product development at Magic Leap.
- Work as a key member of the core software platform architecture team
- Involved with technology selection, architecture and planning activities
- Work with customers and suppliers to develop and integrate innovative solutions
- Provide technical leadership for cross functional collaboration with HW teams
- Provide technical leadership to software engineering teams for scalable and maintainable architecture
- Investigate next generation technologies for applicability to solve current and future technical challenges
- Follow industry trends and developments to rapidly absorb new knowledge bases and incorporate them into new and existing architectures
- 15+ years embedded software development
- Extensive experience in mobile platforms development
- Extensive experience in SOC selection, evaluation and HW requirement specification for SW
- Extensive experience in Software requirements analysis and proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents
- Strong knowledge of system level optimization strategies (around storage, caching, performance, power, memory, reliability, IPC). Experience with performance tuning and tools is desirable
- Detailed understanding of RTOS and Mobile HW
- Detailed understanding of Linux based Embedded operating systems. Android is a plus
- Knowledge of Graphics and Computer Vision. Experience with AR/VR is a plus
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines