Software Engineer Manager - Mobile
10 days ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn , Twitter and on our Blog .
About the Role
Twitch's Mobile Engineering team develops viewing applications for the Android and iOS platforms, supporting phone, tablet, and set-top devices. These platforms represent an ever-growing share of Twitch viewership and providing functional and delightful experiences on them is essential to user engagement. As an Engineering Manager you'll help grow our Mobile Engineering team to support our expanding mobile product scope, while maintaining a very high-quality and stability bar for the applications. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager for Mobile Commerce and Ads.
- Represent your team in engineering, design, and product discussions with other teams.
- Work with product management to influence product strategy and determine the product roadmap.
- Build the product roadmap and provide it to our customers at a high-quality.
- Manage the careers of the engineers on your team and ensure their continued development.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience .
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager or team lead.
- Experience shipping user-facing products, preferably for Mobile platforms.
- Experience working with product managers, designers, and other engineering leaders on other teams.
- Programming experience and domain knowledge on Android or iOS.
- Familiarity with scheduling and ticket management tools such as JIRA.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) , Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities and Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.