Software Engineering Manager
8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineering Manager
Los Angeles, California
We are looking for a leader to help guide a high impact team realizing the Sony’s vision to create the best place to publish and develop.
Are you the type of person who loves to dive into a new technology stack? Do you view uncertainty as an opportunity to control your own destiny and to express your creativity? Do you love to lead a productive team and to collaborate with teams all around the world? Do you have a passion for helping team members achieve their career goals? You will lead a passionate engineering team building various tools and services used by game developers every day.
- Lead, coach, mentor, grow, and empower your team to achieve personal and professional goals
- Understand the product requirements and create technical specification as a product owner
- Lead day-to-day activities of the team using Agile/Scrum methodology
- Collaborate with geographical diverse teams and coordinate development activities
- Guide the team technically to build high quality products
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of PlayStation's engineering management team
- Recruit and build a great team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of people management experience
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience building software product
- Hands-on experience with web application development
- Working knowledge of cloud based technologies
- Successfully recruited and built great teams
- Ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Great written and verbal communication skills
It would be great if you have:
- Hands-on experience in building products/services using cloud based technologies
- Experience with game development or game development workflow
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.