Software Engineering Manager
9 days ago
This is a US based -Remote position. No phone calls or emails from external recruiters or recruiting agencies.
One of the world’s leading augmented reality (AR) companies, Illumix creates immersive mobile experiences in gaming and for corporate clients in the media, entertainment and retail sectors.
We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to manage a team of software engineers and contribute to systems, features, and tools for a new mixed reality engine. You will be an important part of bringing our AR experiences to millions by driving planning for a variety of projects and mentoring the software engineers on those projects. Along the way you’ll also have the opportunity to build the technology that drives these experiences. Come join us and help bring mass market AR to applications across industries.
- Manage and mentor a team of software engineers
- Drive technical planning for the engine team and contribute to short and long term technical planning for cross team projects
- Partner with the technical lead in an advisory role to make technology and architecture decisions
- Work with other managers to iterate on remote-first development processes tailored to the team
- Design and implement features and tools for a mobile and web AR-focused engine
- Review feature implementations to ensure high quality
- Previous management experience
- Advanced knowledge of at least a one of the following programming areas: AR, Asset Pipelines, Tools, UI, 3D Animation, 3D Math, Graphics, Physics, Audio
- Shipped at least one video game, game engine major version update, or equivalent in similar technology
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with other managers, engineers, and disciplines
- Ability to be effective while navigating ambiguity
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Advanced knowledge in additional areas from the following programming areas: AR, Asset Pipelines, Tools, UI, 3D Animation, 3D Math, Graphics, Physics, Audio
- Built and maintained major engine level systems in a game engine, video game, or similar technology
- Experience instrumenting, profiling, and optimizing performance issues in large scale or live products
- Experience with or passion for AR
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Unlimited PTO & Nine Paid Company Holidays
- Full Coverage Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (99% for Employees, 25% for Dependents)
- Self Contributing 401K
- Monthly Stipend to cover Work From Home costs
We are building a diverse, empowered, and passionate team to redefine the standard for mixed reality today.
Illumix is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.