Software Engineering Manager, XR MARS
17 days ago
Unity MARS is a first-of-its-kind solution for developing intelligent, world-aware AR applications with Unity. With the MARS Simulation View, users can test and iterate on their experiences in the Unity Editor, and MARS Proxies let users define how the application will react to real-world environments. You will be responsible for leading a team of engineers to develop, maintain, and improve the MARS backend, as well as working with the wider XR team on improving Unity’s XR stack to support these features and workflows.
As an engineering leader you will help define and uphold our high quality standards in terms of clean, readable code that supports the robust workflows that Unity users expect. You will be responsible for reviewing and maintaining the code that goes into the product, but you will also have an opportunity to have a meaningful impact on the design and architecture of future versions. One of the core problems your team will be solving is how to ingest and distribute world understanding data from a variety of sources across the Unity XR stack. You will be building solutions for Unity users, who span a wide gamut from engineers to non-technical creators who need no-code solutions. In joining the team, you’ll be helping to move the entire industry forward towards real ubiquitous spatial computing!
What you’ll be doing
- Lead an engineering team that improves and maintains Unity MARS
- Stay ahead of state-of-the-art AR technologies and interaction frameworks
- Collaborate with internal and extern al stakeholders to establish requirements and abstractions across the Unity XR stack
- Build, coach and mentor a world-class engineering team
- Managing task priorities, routine execution & delivery of tasks by leading an engineering team, including sprint planning
What we’re looking for
- Unity & C# experience required, either as a user or an extensions developer
- Experience with multiple XR Platforms like ARKit, ARCore, Windows Mixed Reality, Hololens, Oculus and/or Magic Leap
- 3+ years of software lead experience including having direct reports
- Direct experience with graph theory and relational data problems
You might also have
- Experience with Unity DOTS packages and data-oriented design topics.
- Multiplayer networking and/or cloud services experience
- Speaking experience is useful as we often give talks, both internally and externally.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.