Software Engineering Lead, User Generated Content Logic Team
4 days ago
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all!
We are looking for an Software Development Lead to grow our UGC Logic team. As an Software Development Lead, you are responsible for building and ensuring the productivity of the team. You will manage the development and release of the creative tools players use to make their own games and spaces within Rec Room. These player-made rooms create compelling social experiences that connect millions of players 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Lead and mentor a team of UGC engineers across a wide variety of features and systems
- Guide the development and maintenance of the UGC tools and systems
- Work autonomously to identify, diagnose, and address technical and production bottlenecks across the studio
- Manage, provide guidance and mentorship in both technical and soft skills
- Own the team's hiring process, productivity, and metrics
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across Rec Room to understand their needs and build the technology that allows them to thrive in their own roles
- Work with Tech Leads, Program Managers, and Designers to plan the team's road map
- Manage the team's release schedule and issue escalation
- Wrangle cross-team dependencies
- Act as Tech Lead when required
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional games development experience
- 2+ years of experience managing Software Engineering teams
- Experience building AI, multiplayer, and/or gameplay systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or a similar game engine
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
BONUS POINTS IF YOU ALSO HAVE:
- Background in programming languages (compiler or interpreter development)
- Experience growing teams, especially at startups
- Experience with Unity
- Experience working on a live online service
- Experience with the git version control system
- Willingness to communicate with players directly in-game, in Discord, live panels, and/or Q&As
- Background in real-time collaborative editing applications
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec room values work-life balance and provides unlimited paid time off. We work hard to ensure Rec Room is a fun and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.