This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineering Intern, Java
Irvine, CA, United States
7 months ago
2020 SUMMER INTERNSHIPS
SOFTWARE ENGINEER INTERN, JAVA
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Hone your Java skills, bring your passion for gaming and technology, and join Battle.net on its mission to produce the most epic online gaming experiences ever! Use Java, and technologies like Tomcat, Spring, RabbitMQ, RDBMSs, and more, to deliver a world-class platform for our internal game teams, support teams, and web teams. We're an internal hub at Blizzard, and are involved in some fashion on nearly every project and release within Blizzard! We see many high load events, and work on highly scalable infrastructure to meet our project goals!
The Battle.net products range from the Battle.net App, to the Battle.net Shop, to the Account & Commerce Platform, which houses hundreds of millions of Battle.net accounts, and handles millions of transactions for the StarCraft, Heroes, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and the Overwatch franchises, for multiple regions around the globe. Join us and see what goes on behind the scenes during a massive launch, and help us extend, support, and enhance the epic game experience and polish Blizzard is known for.ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020 – August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Passion for technology, gaming, and software development
- Familiarity with all Blizzard Entertainment video games and intellectual properties
- Programming experience (personal or professional), including experience with Java
- Analysis, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures and design patterns
- Comfortable with Linux / UNIX, Apache, and Tomcat
- Experience working with modern databases and RDBMSs
- Working towards computer science, mathematics, or related degree
- Multiple different programming languages, web frameworks, containers, and data stores
- Familiar with server-side architectural concepts (message queuing, caching, clustering, state management, RPC, events, asynchrony, multi-threading, etc)
- Experience working in very high-load environments
- Experience working in a team environment on multiple projects
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Please submit your application no later than December 2, 2019.