This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineering Intern - General Backend
Palo Alto, CA, United States
5 months ago
Grow your career at AppLovin.
At AppLovin, we build technology that helps make mobile games successful and enables developers to bring their games to more people around the world. Since we launched in 2012, our technology platform has been instrumental in fueling the explosive growth of many mobile games, including those developed by our own studio and by our studio partners. We’ve built an amazing team of talented people who are committed to helping the mobile games industry thrive. Lion Studios by AppLovin works with mobile game developers to publish, market, and grow their businesses. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in San Francisco, Dublin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Toronto, Herzliya and Berlin. Learn more at applovin.com.
AppLovin is one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times’ awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work and the Workplace Wellness Award, which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
As a member of our Ad Server team, you’ll solve technical challenges, including: design and architecture of a back-end handling billions of requests per day, machine learning problems to deliver more relevant ads to consumers, creating high-availability low-latency systems that are distributed across multiple data centers. This will be a 2-3 month long internship and start in summer 2020.
- You will be a Junior or Senior level student in Fall 2019 (and is currently working towards earning a BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field)
- You love to program, solve problems, and build stuff
- Have experience programming in Java
- Have knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented programming
- Have experience building highly scalable, low latency systems
- Have some experience working with Linux/Unix and SQL databases
- Have experience or interest in machine learning or data science
- Previous Software Engineering Internships
- Non-academic coding experience (i.e. hackathons, code challenges, personal projects, GitHub, Open Source, etc.)
- Understanding of software development life cycle
- Any experience with Scala
- Daily lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free public transit
- Gym memberships
- Fun company parties and events