Software Engineer in Test
16 days ago
Frostbite is the one engine for Electronic Arts and through our unique development process, we aim to produce a functional, reliable, usable and high-end product for our game developers.
As a prospective employee, we wish to provide you with personal and career growth through constructive feedback, and to present you with the opportunity to work with experienced people situated across the globe. To help you on your journey, there will be opportunities for training courses so that you may strengthen your skills.
As a Software Engineer in Test for Frostbite, you will partner with the QA and development teams to define, design, build, and implement tests, tools and technical solutions to empower our team to improve Quality in Frostbite. You will get to propose your ideas on automation approach, apply creative solutions, and offer suggestions on and build tools that you believe can empower the team.
EA has thousands of Frostbite users worldwide so every automated test and tool you write, every optimization you apply, and every problem you solve has wide, positive impacts. You will develop an in-depth understanding of product designs, use the Frostbite tools to create unique automated tests, form test strategies for implementation of technologies, and will think laterally to identify requirements, roadblocks, or efficiencies that your partners may not consider.
Being a Software Engineer in Test for Frostbite is more than just coding – it's about supporting your QA and development peers and growing with your colleagues. As an essential and unique part of the team, you will create and deploy technical testing and test automation where yesterday's best practices are not necessarily tomorrow's solutions. You will debug problems, breathe new life into technical dead-ends, and work with the QA team to ensure existing and new features run smoothly..
- Build tests and tools to empower the QA and development teams.
- Foster working relationships with QA, engineering, and other partners. Proactively ensure their evolving needs are met.
- Interpret requests from your QA and engineering partners, account for and call out any roadblocks or efficiencies your partners may not consider, and ultimately propose and apply your creative or technical solutions.
- Write automated tests to cover existing and new test scenarios.
- Bachelors' degrees in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- 2+ years of development or applied coding experience
- Proficient in at least one coding language (Python, C++, C#, Java, or other.)
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task across competing demands.
- Ownership of project requirements with minimal supervision.
- Ability to context switch, learn new systems and in-house tools.
- Familiarity with any source control, debuggers, and other software development tools (e.g. Perforce, Visual Studio, etc).
- Understanding of build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks.