Software Engineer in Test - Temporary
2 months ago
EA has thousands of creators worldwide so every automated test and tool you write, every optimization you apply, and every problem you solve has wide, positive impacts. You will develop an in-depth understanding of product designs, use the tools to create unique automated tests, create test strategies for implementation of technologies, and will think laterally to identify requirements, roadblocks, or efficiencies that your partners may not consider.
Being a Software Engineer in Test for EA is more than just coding – it’s about supporting and growing with your peers. As an essential and unique part of the team, you will create and deploy technical testing and test automation where yesterday’s best practices are not necessarily tomorrow’s solutions. You will debug problems, breathe new life into technical dead-ends, and work with the QA team to ensure our features run smoothly and work effectively.
You will work with a central team within EA that focuses on providing tooling for our many game teams. These tools include code line stability testing tools, tools that work with systems for large-scale play tests, tool and code distribution, and tooling to discover undetected defects. These are used by thousands of developers and creators daily, so quality is extremely important for our continued success.
Our small agile team has developers in Vancouver, Austin, Montreal and Galway, and we work with game teams across many more locations.
You will be on a temporary assignment (1 year contract) to start, with potential for longer term employment.
- Build tools and automation to empower the development team.
- Foster working relationships with our internal partners and team members.
- Proactively ensure their evolving needs are met.
- Interpret requests from your team, accounting for and call out any roadblocks or efficiencies your partners may not consider, and propose and apply your creative or technical solutions.
- Write automated tests to cover our test scenarios.
- Support multiple systems and in-house tools written for many different purposes.
- Manage tasks with competing demands.
- 2+ years of applied coding experience.
- Proficient in C# and WPF.
- Experience managing project requirements, and setting the standard for outstanding testing.
- Familiarity with any source control, debuggers, and other software development tools. (e.g. Perforce, Visual Studio)
- Experience testing configurable tooling.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of build systems, continuous integration, unit tests, automated functional tests, and testing frameworks.
- Any testing and QA experience.
- Experience with SQL, Python, or C++.
- Experience in the gaming industry.