This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer in Test - Live Services
Horsham, United Kingdom
2 months ago
ApplyThis is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer in Test to join the CA team.
In this role, you will be a part of our new Live Services team, responsible for the implementation of game-agnostic and company-wide online services. Helping to ensure the game teams deliver their games on time with the services required.
This role will be instrumental in the implementation of test automation activities across our online services. As the first recruit of our new live services testing team, you will be key in developing frameworks, tests and tools to automate and help accelerate all aspects of product development, pipelines, tooling and service monitoring.
You will be proactive and have a strong focus on quality and risk throughout the delivery cycle, identifying and implementing automation approaches as required.
Additionally, you will be expected to have a good understanding of a variety of test approaches in a web and mobile app-based environment.
You will be key in testing feature implementations and integration, remaining hands on and practical with the work on the team. You will share your experience of working with high-volume systems, to help provide a resilient and responsive online service for our significant player base.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience in testing online services.
- Good understanding of web technologies and tools e.g. XML, HTML, CSS, JSON, REST, AngularJS, Node.js
- RESTful API Testing and Automation
- Experience in at least one Behaviour Driven Test Framework E.g. Cucumber
- Experience in creating automated tests within a Continuous Integration environment e.g. Jenkins
- Experience with distributed source control (Git)
- Experience in developing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Defining Test Data and Reports
- Experience of working with high-volume systems
- Strong communication skills. You will be liaising with the product owner(s), technical leads, developers, and design teams to ensure the testing of new features runs smoothly
- Experience working with cloud/virtualised environments (Aws, Azure), and/or containerisation of services
We are Creative Assembly
- Awareness of CA games
- Experience of test and issue management tools e.g. Jira
- Understanding of whole tech stack, from design to implementation to LiveOps, plus an appreciation of how tech decisions can impact and affect other areas of the business
- Desire to always improve and keep up to date with current technologies
- Cross browser testing
- Experience in Agile work practices
- Experience in a Lead role or management
- Assisting with recruiting, mentoring and training new team members.
- Avid gamer
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.