This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer in Test I
11 days ago
EA’s Quality Verification team is currently seeking a Software Engineer in Test to join the mobile automation group at our Capital Games studio in Sacramento. Come and join us for an opportunity to support the release of fun, internationally recognized titles such as Star Wars: Galaxy of Heros, Plants vs Zombies, Bejeweled, and more! Experience the dynamic, creative, and challenging environment of AAA game development.
In this role, you will be part of a testing team that aims to deliver automation scripts of game features to execute against real devices. You will be receiving requirements and test cases from QA, writing C# code to perform the tests, participating in code review, and delivering the scripts back to QA. You will be responsible for the accurate delivery of scripts, as well as maintenance and bug fixing as needed. You will be leveraging your knowledge of C# and game features to satisfy the provided requirements in the most efficient and re-usable manner possible.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in C#, have a passion for games, and have a strong interest in software testing. The candidate should have experience working with international team members from various backgrounds and be comfortable delivering on shared goals in this setting. The candidate should have knowledge of programming best practices for producing code that is reusable, extensible, and bug-free.
Scope and Impact:
In this role your responsibilities would include:
- Development of new automated test scripts for a mobile game, as per QA requirements.
- Maintenance of test script codebase as needed to respond to feature changes.
- Identify and fix bugs in test scripts.
- Participation in code reviews for all completed work.
- The understanding of game features, screens, and navigation into various gameplay modes.
- 2 years of experience writing code using C# and Object-Oriented Programming concepts.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, debugging ability, and able to detect and fix defects.
- Experience with a testing framework (Nunit, Xunit, Junit).
- Strong communication skills.
- Understanding of software testing best practices and patterns.
- Experience participating in all aspects of Scrum: planning, daily standup, and retrospectives.
- A love for making and playing games, and passion for quality.
- Demonstrated experience with iOS and/or Android software development
- Experience with Unity 3D engine.