This job might no longer be available.
Software Engineer in Test, AR HMD OS
2 months ago
The Niantic Augmented Reality Head Mounted Display (AR HMD) team is on a mission to build the most immersive and entertaining outdoor AR experiences. Building on Niantic's unparalleled AR gaming expertise and services, we will enhance the real-world with unique, engaging, and collaborative location-based adventures which encourage everyone to explore and enjoy the world around them. We are seeking innovative and pioneering engineers to be part of our journey.
Niantic is seeking a software engineer in test (SDET) to ensure the successful verification and launch of the AR HMD. You will work with your peers to understand key product requirements and develop test frameworks and scripts to validate them.
- Collaborate with other SDET’s, engineers, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and automated systems meet internal standards.
- Design, create, and extend automated test frameworks.
- Participate in the review of QA and Engineering procedures and provide recommendations for improvements to eliminate redundancies in testing and improve efficiency.
- A BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other equivalent technical degree or proven experience.
- Demonstrated ability to ship commercial consumer applications and to support them in production.
- Proven understanding of QA methodology and tools with hands-on experience in implementing effective test automation strategies.
- Strong experience in building Test Automation frameworks using commercial or open source automation tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience with C/C++/C#, Python, Bash or other programming and scripting languages.
- You have shipped projects built on Android or an embedded Linux Kernel.
- You have used open computer vision and AR/VR standards (eg: OpenCV, OpenXR).
- You have experience iteratively delivering software via Agile methodologies.
- You have worked with hardware teams.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.