Software Engineer in Test 2
13 days ago
Fusion is one of several organisations within EA Studios that provides solutions to deliver games to millions of players around the world. With touch points across all titles and platforms, we work collaboratively to bring direct impact to our players worldwide.
The Tools and Technology Team within Fusion is looking for accomplished people to help us fulfill our mission of providing creative tools and workflows that allow EA to lead the industry in content quality. Our group strives to build an ecosystem of modular components that are efficient, adjustable to trends, and allow for quick iteration of any artistic idea into reality. We partner with a global group of extraordinary creatives fueled by imagination and a unified experience with creating amazing content and experiences.
The challenge ahead:
As a Software Engineer in Test (SET), you will collaborate with a small team of SET/Quality engineers and a team of Developers, Technical Artists, and Product Owners. You will be experienced in testing the modules, which will include digital assets tests inside Gitlab, deploy packages from Gitlab to Cadet, and implement Automation test framework and automating test scenarios using the frameworks. You will be in a Team with a positive culture/set of values, including being open and trusting, developing excellence, honest, and mindful communication, defining and working with the QA domain lead on QA roadmaps for our tools used by Technical Artists to create games. You will report to a Development Director.
Day to day you will be...
- Collaborating with developers and product owners:
- Contribute to planning and design.
- Review product code.
- Create test scenarios.
- Develop test automation frameworks.
- Automate test scenarios using the frameworks.
- Know and use design patterns .
- Set up the infrastructure to run tests:
- Set up CI/CD environment and deployment process
- Run tests in CI/CD.
- Run tests with the appropriate test data.
- Set up dashboards for reporting test results in real time.
- Teach others good quality and testing practices.
- Develop tools to assist manual and exploratory testing.
You are/you have…
- 3+ years of Python experience,
- Module testing, Test Automation (experience developing tools, setup testing frameworks and implement automated test),
- Development process improvements
- Set up CI/CD environment and deployment process.
- Experience using GitLab, Jenkins, and perforce.
Bonus if you have…
- Familiar with Houdini and Maya
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):º $114,200 - $166,200 USD Annually
- New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):º $99,900 - $166,200 USD Annually
- Jersey City, NJ :º $131,600 - $168,400 USD Annually
- Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):º $99,900 - $141,800 USD Annually
- Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):º $99,900 - $168,400 USD Annually
- British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):º $77,600 - $130,500 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to temporary full-time employees scheduled to work full time. In British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, and after 3 months of service - extended health/dental/vision coverage and basic life insurance.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.